The research activity of the group is dedicated to the identification and characterization of new biologically active compounds. The inter-disciplinary approach is the driving force of the research activity which is focused on the design, synthesis and analysis of new focused compound libraries and on the preparation and characterization of chiral compounds. The group has prepared more than 1000 molecules (both natural and synthetic compounds) with drug-like properties. The biological investigations are carried out with several international collaborations.
Our laboratory is located at the Department of Drug Science of the University of Pavia
The registration for the 21st edition of the II level master in ‘Progettazione e Sviluppo dei Farmaci’ for the years 22-23 are OPEN!!!
- Federica Piaggi wins “Ing. Giacomo Bonaiuti” prize by Bracco Foundation
- From Nature to Synthetic Compounds: Novel 1(N),2,3 Trisubstituted-5-oxopyrrolidines Targeting Multiple Myeloma Cells
- Walking around the Autonomous Province of Trento (Italy): An Ethnobotanical Investigation
- Urea-Based Anticancer Agents. Exploring 100-Years of Research with an Eye to the Future.
- Biocatalysis: A Smart and Green Tool for the Preparation of Chiral Drugs
- New insight into pectin effects on mesophyll conductance in four species of deciduous Forest.
- Repurposing the Antiplatelet Agent Ticlopidine to Counteract the Acute Phase of ER Stress Condition: An Opportunity for Fighting Coronavirus Infections and Cancer
- Gellan-Based Composite System as a Potential Tool for the Treatment of Nervous Tissue Injuries: Cross-Linked Electrospun Nanofibers Embedded in a RC-33-Loaded Freeze-Dried Matrix
- Anti-Multiple Myeloma Potential of Secondary Metabolites from Hibiscus sabdariffa—Part 2.
- Chiral 2-phenyl-3- hydroxypropyl esters as PKC-alpha modulators. Hplc enantioseparation, NMR absolute configuration assignment and molecular docking studies